Jayadeva's Brooklyn: Dogs, Babies and Love in Sunset Park

My life in Brooklyn, now with my baby, and fellow dog lover, by my side.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Crafts Council Library Lecture

Last night I had the honor of attending the American Craft Council's conversation with Amy Shaw from Greenjeans (post from Friday, August 25, 2006) and Rena Tom from Rare Device, about "Blogging the Handmade."

I got there a little late, so I had to stand in the back, but it was just in time for them to speak and their presentation was thoughtful, funny and inspiring. It prompted my to keep writing and updating this blog, that, even though it's names after my most faithful friend, is really mostly about me. Well, honestly, if she wished to add anything, she'd be heartily encourages. I'd even transcribe (offer's open, Jaya!).


These pictures are taken with my Palm, so they're not excellent, but I wanted to document the lovely spread the Craft's Council provided from Balthazar (I spied the empty shopping bags from my prime seating under the table).


I just wanted to thank Amy and Rena for sharing their lives with us on their blogs and in their uniquely satisfying stores. Keep on keeping Park Slope alive and thriving with creativity!


As the lecture was on Spring Street, I ran into the Housing Works Bookstore down there and then took myself out to dinner at my favorite SoHo sport, Hampton Chutney. I love this restaurant so much, that after my first visit, I told my fiance, now husband, that I wanted them to cater our wedding. Alas, we ended-up going in a different culinary direction, but the feeling still lingers. Maybe an anniversary party?


Here's my favorite menu item - Dosa #5 - Avocado, Fresh Tomato, Arugula & Cheese....$8.45. I'm always a little amazed at the cost, but then wowed by the size and amazing deliciousness.



Plus, I they have a very relaxing taste in art that creates calm amid the chaos of their busy popularity and the traffic of Price St.







The only stressful part of the place is choosing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greenjeans said...

Thanks for coming and posting about the ACC talk, Jennifer! Sorry we didn't get to meet, but one of these days we will.

- Amy

PS - I love those dosas, too...

Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home