Jayadeva's Brooklyn: Dogs, Babies and Love in Sunset Park

My life in Brooklyn, now with my baby, and fellow dog lover, by my side.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Erin McKeown!

I had the express pleasure of experiencing this awesome lady with her swinging band last night at the Blender Theater at Gramercy. Her opener (was it Joshua James?) was a bit of a downer, but he made it just that more exciting to see Erin McKeown explode onto the stage. I found Erin personable, funny, with delightfully different arrangements for her recorded music. She also confidently displayed some new material. The band and the crowd all loved her and we gave her a standing ovation. I stood first and didn't stop clapping until she came back on stage for an encore.

Set-List:

Slung lo
Cinematic
White City
James!
Rhode Island Is Famous for You
Melody
Lullaby 3/4
Queen of Quiet
We Are More
My Kingdom
Don't Go
Amplify
Cosmopolitans
You Were Right about Everything
Blackbirds
pretty new sounding song I couldn't id

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home