Jayadeva's Brooklyn: Dogs, Babies and Love in Sunset Park

My life in Brooklyn, now with my baby, and fellow dog lover, by my side.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Jump Start on Holiday Shopping - Eco & Anti-Corportate Alternatives

Ok, I know I'm incredibly early for most people's taste, but I like to know I'm ready for whenever Channukah decides to show-up this year. Over the years, I've compiled some excellent, eco-friendly sites for lovely holiday presents. I thought I'd use this forum to share some of them for the greater good of gift giving and receiving!

Here's a new favorite. They have an incredible array of handmade gifts from crafters all over the world. It's no accident that they're based in Brooklyn. It's fun just to go on their home page and watch their, "Recently Listed Items" pictures change by the second. Really, an immense collection. Here are a few new favorites...


Description: (2) 28 x 44 panels of acrylic on canvas, gallery wrapped, sides painted and ready to hang, ORIGINAL and HUGE, One of a Kind


If you click on the piece name, it will bring you to the listing page and clicking on the artist's name will bring you to her personal store.

That may be out of one's price and size range. So, take a look at this...
Description: Add a fun splash of color to your day with one of our great pendants. We make them in a wide variety of colors and patterns so be sure to look around to find the perfect one!
Treat yourself or give as a fun, unique gift!! Our pendants are made from beautiful origami and other fun papers which are applied, decoupage style, to 1/8 inch masonite (a pressed wood fiber product). Measures 1.25 x 1.5 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home