Jayadeva's Brooklyn: Dogs, Babies and Love in Sunset Park

My life in Brooklyn, now with my baby, and fellow dog lover, by my side.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Jaya's Home!


We are overjoyed that Jaya has returned home to us. However, the doctor reported that her head tilt may remain for several weeks. A website I consulted stated that some dogs never recover from this skewed pose. It's quite devastating, as her head keeps leading her to the left and when she shakes her head after a routine ear scritching, she topples over.

However, we're delighted she's home and so grateful to Animal Kind for their skill and caring. Thank you also to our family and friends who expressed their concern and love for Jaya.

This picture was taken with the aid of a peanut-butter biscuit held just left of her nose. Notice the rapt attention. We know she loves us like we love her, but realistically know where her true priorities lay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaya's cousin JeanLuc pretty much always looks like this. In his case, I think, it's because he can't see and uses his nose to lead him. He also is very shaky on his old legs and has many itch spots. A walk outside plus an itch equals a topple over. You don't want to know what happens when he tries to "do his business" at the same time. We call this "poopus interruptus".

Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend just called me to tell about her 11 yr. spaniel that had this ailment. I had ever heard of it, so checked the web, found helpful info and your sight. The vet diagnosed it as vestibulitis right away and Maggie is on her way to recovery after a week, with no more darting eyes or cocked head. I hope Jaya will recover completely, also. Thanks for your helpful information.
Marjorie, WI

Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger JenAriel said...

Marjorie - Thank you for your kind wishes and to let me know I was of
assistance. Jaya is so much better as well, her legs simply remain
weak, but with her arthritis, that was inevitable. I'm so glad Maggie
got better as well. Well wishes, Jennifer

Monday, January 21, 2008 7:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home